Monday, January 06, 2014

30 becomes 45

My goal today was to bike in our front room for 30 minutes.  A few years ago my husband bought me one of those gizmos that you hook to your road bike to make it a stationary bike.  Best invention.  I had a hell of a day at work and I almost bagged my workout altogether - so many reasons to do so - it's cold outside (I wasn't biking outside), a storm is coming (literally and figuratively), I don't feel like it.

But I forced myself to do it.  I said, "Bike for 30 minutes.  You can do anything for 30 minutes."

I had my Ipod Shuffle with the best songs and I was home alone so I was belting those songs out.  Thank God we live in the middle of nowhere because no one needs to hear that sound being squealed aloud.

After several songs I looked at my watch and noticed that I had already biked 30 minutes.  I was feeling too good to stop so I biked for 15 more.

I had fallen off the wagon for several weeks but today proved that once you have a base, you can start again after a short break.  That's good to know.

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow!  Is it bad that I am hoping for a snow day?

No comments: