Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Impossible Goals

I had the worst day at work.  The damn semester hasn't even started yet and I feel overwhelmed.  So much to do!  I have to remind myself that it will get done.  I can certainly do it.

I had planned to do some sort of workout tonight, but my husband is priming the walls in two rooms so we have furniture everywhere.  I had no idea if I would have room to drag anything out.  When I walked in the door I said to myself, "hey, you can work out tomorrow and forget tonight."

Then I went upstairs to change out of my work clothes and stretched my hands over my head.  It never occurred to me that I couldn't touch the ceiling merely by stretching.  In our house in Alden, I would be able to put my hands flat on the ceiling if I reached overhead.  Not here in Franklinville.

That was good news.  This room was empty (we haven't redone it yet).  I could do yoga.  And holy hell, I needed it.

So I did.

It was the best I felt doing yoga in months.  Certainly the best yoga I've done in our new house.

I was also reminded of a saying I have on one of the pictures in my office at work and a saying I use on my blogs - "She likes to have goals that no one else can imagine, so they'll shut up about how they understand exactly what she's going through." Brian Andreas from StoryPeople

How could I forget that?  I do like to have goals no one else can imagine (or very few).  Where did that go?  Why did I abandon that for the ordinary and usual?  Hell no.  My goals right now seem ordinary, but ordinary will lead to extraordinary:

  • Lose weight
  • Gain fitness 
  • Earn wellness
  • Find peace
The extraordinary:
  • Do another marathon
  • Do a triathlon (dare I suggest an Ironman?)
  • Write a book (or several)
And that's just what I'm thinking about today.  Wait until tomorrow!

No comments: