Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Running

It is a gorgeous day! I must run! I no longer have to run, I may run because I want to. And today I want to.

Well, I don't really want to. I am afraid to start running again because I haven't run much since the marathon. I am afraid I won't be able to run. How does one go from running 26.2 miles to not running at all? Chalk it up to running burnout. And, boy, did I have running burnout.

But I am armed with new running shoes. I left my marathon shoes with a girl in Uganda. She is tall and I thought she could use them.

What a difference new running shoes make.

I ran two miles and I ran it well. Could I have run longer? Probably, but let's not die on the first day.

I ran well: good posture, sassy outfit, new shoes, good breathing technique. I had it all.

Next time I will run 3 miles.

I do enjoy running.

No comments: