Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yoga

I haven't done yoga in months. I bought a new yoga mat. It was woven by a group in India - fair trade, etc.. It is supposed to be guaranteed for 15 years. I don't know if I like it. It doesn't grip as well as the sticky mat does and it kinda hurts my hands in certain positions. In fact, my hands still had marks on them an hour later.

Maybe if I weighed less.....

Whenever I am away from yoga for any length of time, I miss it and also worry that I won't remember the poses or won't be able to do the poses. Turns out my body is pretty good.

And it turns out that my body missed yoga! I haven't felt this good after exercise in ages!

Our bodies seem to have this amazing memory.

Thank God.

And I felt completely serene and relaxed afterward. Meditative.

Or was that the glass of white wine I had afterward?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I have spurts where I take a yoga class and do it all the time, and then just "forget" to do it for months... But, I'm always glad when I return to it. If only I would stop stopping in the first place....