Monday, February 06, 2006

New Trick

Woo Hoo - 2 more pounds! I am quite excited! Woo Hoo!

My new trick is to workout before I start working. If I leave it until the afternoon before I leave SBU or, worse, until I get home, I am too tired to do anything and find all kinds of excuses not to do anything. I am the queen of justification.

So I picked today - the day of a blizzard - to get up, put on my workout wear, drive to SBU with my bag packed with work clothes, and hit the Richter Center. Because of the snow I arrived later than I expected, but I arrived!

And I hit the indoor track. It was fabulous! I was able to look out at the snow gusting all around the building and here I was, safe, warm inside the center.

I am quite tired about an hour later, but I did it. And when I get home I don't have to worry about saving time to workout. I already did it. So instead I can save time to sit my lazy ass on my couch and pick my ass. Or watch reruns of the Golden Girls.

No comments: